Wednesday, February 24, 2010

1951- "Alice in Wonderland"


Alice in Wonderland is an American animated film produced by Walt Disney and based primarily on Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with a few additional elements from Through the Looking-Glass. Thirteenth in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, the film was released in New York City and London on July 26, 1951 by RKO Radio Pictures. The film features the voices of Kathryn Beaumont as Alice (also voice of Wendy Darling in the later Disney feature film, Peter Pan) and Ed Wynn as the Mad Hatter. Made under the supervision of Walt Disney himself, this film and its animation are often regarded as some of the finest work in Disney studio history, despite the lackluster, even hostile, reviews it originally received, especially in the United Kingdom.- Info. from wikipedia.org

"Everything is what it isn't!" is pretty much the sum of "Alice in Wonderland". I think that Kathryn Beaumont (who returned to Disney as Wendy in "Peter Pan") is a PERFECT fit for Alice.

I noticed that the movie just kind of jumps right into the story. The book does this as well, but it seemed to lack an introduction.

Random ramblings:
-The part where the oysters got eaten still makes me sad to this day.
-I don't understand why the white rabbit calls her Maryanne. ?!?
-I love the little flower that says "I think she's pretty!" He sounds so cute!
-STERLING HOLLOWAY yet again, plays the Cheshire Cat. Although the cat frightens me. i.e.- His line, "You may have noticed that I am not all there myself....."
-"The Unbirthday Song" ranks as the most famous song from this movie.
-The Mad Hatter is voiced by Ed Wyn who plays Uncle Albert in "Mary Poppins".
-The poor white rabbit's watch gets destroyed...=(
-The white rabbit is voiced by Bill Thompson who plays Mr.Smee in "Peter Pan" and is famous for voicing Droopy the dog in "Droopy".

I love this movie! A lot of people think it was made while Walt Disney was on drugs, but NO it was not!!! I love how it's just so different from any other Disney film. It's odd and not easy to really understand, but that's what makes it so great! I'm so excited to see the Tim Burton version! It's gonna be AMAZING!!! =D =D =D

No comments:

Post a Comment