Friday, February 12, 2010

1950- "Cinderella"


Cinderella is a 1950 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and based on the fairy tale "Cendrillon" by Charles Perrault. Twelfth in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, the film had a limited release on February 15, 1950 by RKO Radio Pictures. Directing credits go to Clyde Geronimi, Hamilton Luske and Wilfred Jackson. Songs were written by Mack David, Jerry Livingston, and Al Hoffman. Songs in the film include "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes", "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo", "So This Is Love", "Sing Sweet Nightingale", "The Work Song", and "Cinderella."- Information from wikipedia.org

"Cinderella" is one of my childhood favorites! I used to rent it all the time from the video store. I had the beginning narration memorized and would recite it to my mom.

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" is my favorite Disney song.(Well one of them)

Gus' name is really Octavius. He is my favorite character in the whole movie. My Grandma thinks I could imitate him, but I really can't.
Lucifer always makes me soo mad. I never liked him. I just don't like cats in general.
I think the king is a bit too into the whole marriage and grandkids thing. Reminds me of my family. LOL
"Cindrelly" was my favorite song when I was a child. I loved watching the mice make her dress.
The part where the stepsisters tear her dress is a bit traumatizing. I really don't understand how obnoxiously cruel those characters can be.
Fairy Godmother will always hold a special place in my heart!!!

Everyone should watch "Ciderella", it's a must-see classic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment